Are you a young woman that loves being in the Great Outdoors? If so, then this is the place for you!!

Friday, October 26, 2012

Peace in the Outdoors

Hi everyone! Rochelle so graciously invited me to guest blog, and I couldn't be happier to do so. I titled my post as "Peace in the Outdoors" because that is exactly what it is to me. I suppose I should start by saying I am a hunter and lover of everything outdoors. As women, we typically still get the surprised face when we comment on hunting, fishing, four-wheeler riding, etc. I love this face because it gives me the opportunity to explain why I am the way I am. Sitting in the woods on a Fall evening with nothing but silence and the changing leaves is one of my favorite places to be. When I'm at at work or home and I feel overwhelmed or stressed, the first place I would like to be is somewhere in the woods. I had a friend point to me the other day and say, "She probably prays more and talks more to God in the woods then we do in church on Sunday mornings!" She couldn't have been more spot on. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the thrill of the hunt and the test of my skills, but the waiting and silence before an animal strolls by is just as wonderful. There is just something natural, calming, and peaceful about being around dirt, trees, grass, and fields. Call me crazy, but I will always be an outdoors woman!

So, as women in the outdoors, I believe we should take every opportunity to introduce people to our beautiful and peaceful surroundings. I love to see kids playing outside or asking about hunting. They really are our future, and imagine the peace and patience we could teach them if we took the time to do it now. I thank God that I was raised in a rural area where my Dad took me with him everywhere in the woods. You'll be surprised how many memories or life lessons are created. Happy hunting everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment